Privacy Terms and Conditions
Privacy Disclosure Statement & Consent
Finance Ezy Pty Ltd ACN 108 225 841, trading as Finance Ezi, (‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) collects information about you for the purposes you agree to in this Privacy Disclosure Statement and Consent. When you sign below, you agree we can, consistently with Australia’s privacy and credit reporting laws, collect, use and exchange credit and personal information about you for those purposes.
Privacy Disclosure Statement and Consent
We are collecting credit and personal information (information) about you, as applicable:
- To source for you, or a company of which you are a director:
- Consumer credit for personal, household, domestic or residential investment purposes;
- Commercial credit for business purposes;
- Other services stated in this Privacy Disclosure Statement and Consent (Consent);
- o support a guarantee application you may provide.
As your broker, we require the information we collect from you to assess your credit, or guarantor, application or the credit application of a company of which you are a director, source a suitable credit provider and any required insurances and to manage the application process, where required. If you do not provide the information sought we may be unable to process your application, or the company’s application, or we may be limited in the other services we can offer you or the company.
Your information – Collection and Credit Reporting Body
When we collect information from you in the credit application process, we use that information in a number of ways to assess your credit application and to source a suitable credit provider or lessor and/or insurance provider. We may:
- Disclose your identification information to a CRB if you wish us to obtain a report on your behalf;
- Use any information the CRB provides in that report to assist us to preliminarily assess your consumer credit or guarantor application;
- Disclose your personal information to an insurer or insurers to source any insurances you may wish to obtain; and
- Disclose your credit information to a credit provider or credit providers to apply for finance on your behalf.
The information we obtain from you is used, subject to compliance with Australia’s privacy and credit reporting laws, only for the purposes listed in this Consent and is not disclosed to any other person except with your permission or as permitted, or required, by law.
As part of providing our services to you, we may undertake tasks for a credit provider which are reasonably necessary to manage the application process. When doing so, we are acting as agent for the credit provider, with the same privacy law requirements applying to both of us.
We may submit your application to one or more credit providers. Those credit providers and their website addresses are set out in the Schedule at the end of this document.
A credit provider, to whom we submit an application, may disclose information about you to, and collect information about you from, one or more CRBs.
- That the CRB may include information the credit provider listed below discloses about you to other credit providers to assess your credit worthiness;
- That, if you become overdue in making consumer credit payments or you commit a serious credit infringement, the credit provider may disclose that information to a CRB;
- How you can obtain the credit provider’s and/or CRB’s policies about managing your credit information;
- Your right to access and/or correct information held about you and to complain about conduct that may breach the privacy and credit reporting laws;
- Your right to request a CRB not to undertake pre- screening assessments for purposes of direct marketing by a particular credit provider; and
- Your right to request a CRB not to use or disclose information about you if you believe you are a victim of fraud, including identity fraud.
These details will also be included by the credit provider which approves your application in the privacy disclosure statement and consent document it will provide to you.
Each credit provider website includes information on how to contact the credit provider and how to obtain a copy of its privacy documents in a form that suits you (e.g. hardcopy or email).
You have the right to ask:
- Us to provide you with all the information we hold about you;
- Us to correct the information we hold if it is incorrect;
- The CRB not to use your information for direct marketing assessment purposes, including pre-screening; and
- The CRB to provide you with a copy of the information it holds about you.
You can gain access to the information we hold about you by contacting our "Privacy Officer" at the address above or by telephone on 1300 003 003 or email. In some cases an administration fee may be charged to cover the cost of providing the information.
You can contact our CRB by telephone on 1300 921 621 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure and Consent
By signing below, you agree we may:
- Use your personal and credit information:
- To assess your consumer or commercial credit and/or guarantee application and/or to assess a credit application by a company of which you are a director;
- To source any finances you require;
- To source any insurances you require; and
- As the law authorises or requires;
- Disclose to, and obtain from, any prospective credit provider or insurer, information about you that is reasonably necessary to obtain the finance and insurances you require;
- Obtain from, and disclose to, any third party, information about you, the applicant(s) or guarantor(s) that is reasonably necessary to assist you obtain the finance and insurances required;
- Provide your information, including your credit report(s), to one or more of the credit providers specified in the Schedule of Credit Providers below so they can assess your application, or the application of a company of which you are a director, or your suitability as a guarantor;
- Provide credit information about you to a guarantor, or prospective guarantor;
- Provide you, or the company of which you are a director, with offers or information of other goods or services we, or any of our associated entities, may be able to provide to you or the company, unless you tell us not to;
- Disclose your personal and credit information to the extent permitted by law to other third party organisations that provide us with services, such as contractors, agents, printers, mail houses, valuers, lawyers, government or regulatory bodies, document custodians, securitises and computer systems consultants or providers, so they can perform those services for us.
- Disclose your personal information to any other organisation that may wish to acquire, or has acquired, an interest in our business or any rights under your contract with us, or the contract with us of a company of which you are a director.
You also agree and consent to, as appropriate:
- A CRB disclosing consumer credit information to one or more credit providers specified in the Schedule of Credit Providers below for the purpose of assessing your application for consumer or commercial credit or your guarantor application, and/or assessing a credit application by a company of which you are a director;
- When you are a prospective guarantor, a credit provider using that information to assess your suitability as a guarantor;
- A credit provider disclosing your credit information (including information obtained by it from a CRB) to a guarantor, or a prospective guarantor; and
- A credit provider disclosing to another credit provider, for a particular purpose, information it holds about you.
Where the applicant, or guarantor, is a company of which you are a director, you consent to the use of your information, in addition to the company’s information, in each of the ways listed above.
By signing below, you also authorise us to make a request on your behalf to obtain credit reporting information about your consumer and commercial credit worthiness from a CRB. That information will assist us in providing our services to you.
Do we use or disclose your personal information for marketing?
We may use your personal information to offer you products and services we believe may interest you, but we will not do so if you tell us not to. These products and services may be offered by a member of Finance Ezy Pty Ltd.
We may offer you products and services by various means, including by mail, telephone, email, SMS or other electronic means, such as through social media or targeted advertising through Finance Ezy Pty Ltd.
We may also disclose your personal information to companies outside Finance Ezy Pty Ltd who assist us to market our products and services to you. If you do not wish to receive marketing offers from us please contact us and advise us that you do not want this to happen.
Credit Guide and Quote
Credit Guide and Quote
CREDIT GUIDE & QUOTE
This document provides information about:
- Who we are, the services we will provide and the fee we will charge for those services
- Our responsible lending obligations under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 (Cth) and the National Credit Code
- The fees and commissions that may be received by us for arranging your loan
- What to do if you have a complaint about our services
Who We Are Finance Ezi Australian Business Number: 84 108 225 841Australian Credit Licence Number: 392182
Address: 139 Wharf St Tweed Heads NSW 2485
Phone number: 1300 003 003
Our Finance Brokers (Representatives) are able to assist you in finding a credit provider and arranging a suitable loan to meet your objectives. This service is known as credit assistance. When providing such credit services we will be acting as your agent and not as the agent of any credit provider.
Our credit assistance services in sourcing and arranging a suitable loan or lease include:
- Obtaining further information from, including but not limited to, employers, accountants and credit checking agencies;
- Investigating suitable loans and providing you with the information about one or more loans that meet your objectives;
- Assessing, verifying and documenting information, ensuring the chosen loan is not unsuitable for you;
- Helping you complete the application, compiling the documents required by the credit provider and submitting the application to the credit provider;
- Liaising with the credit provider during the approval process, providing any further information that may be required and notifying you of the credit provider’s decision;
- Assisting with the finalisation of the loan as required.
Our quote for providing you with credit assistance
If you ask us to assist you in finding a credit provider, and arrange a suitable loan to meet your objectives, we have to provide you with a quote.
Our services include determining whether or not the loan contract is one that is not unsuitable for you and then assisting you to complete the documents and submitting your completed loan application to at least one of our preferred credit providers.
We charge a once only origination fee of up to $1,000 for the successful arrangement of your loan. Our origination fee will be included in the loan amount financed by your credit provider.
If your loan application is not approved there will be no fee payable by you.
Unless you sign and date the section below, or otherwise indicate your acceptance of our quote, we will be unable to provide you with credit assistance.
Prohibition on suggesting or assisting with unsuitable contracts
Our general obligations to you:
The National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 (Cth) does not permit us to provide credit assistance to a consumer by:
- Suggesting that you apply, or assisting you to apply, for a particular credit contract with a particular credit provider; or
- Suggesting that you apply, or assisting you to apply, for an increase to the credit limit of a particular credit contract with a particular credit provider,
if the credit contract will be unsuitable for you.
A credit contract will be unsuitable for you, if at the time the credit assistance is provided, it is likely that:
- You will be unable to comply with your financial obligations under the contract, or could only comply with substantial hardship; or
- The contract does not meet your requirements or objectives.
We are required to make a preliminary assessment of whether the contract is unsuitable for you before we suggest that you apply or assist you to apply for a credit contract (or an increase to your credit limit).
In making this assessment, we will only take into account information that satisfies both of the following requirements:
- The information is about your financial situation, requirements or objectives; and
- At the time the credit assistance is provided:
- We had reason to believe that the information was true; or
- We would have had reason to believe that the information was true if we had made reasonable inquiries about you.
To enable us to do this, we will ask about your financial situation and your requirements and objectives in relation to the credit contract. We may request copies of documents such as pay slips and past tax returns. We may also ask you to supply other proof of your ability to repay the loan.
We are required to verify certain financial information. If you do not provide us with full information, we can’t properly assist you. For this reason, it is important that you provide us with complete and accurate information.
You can request a copy of our preliminary assessment at any time within 7 years after we provide a credit quote. If you request a copy of your preliminary assessment we must provide you with a copy at no charge to you.
We must provide the written copy within 7 business days if your request is made within two years of the credit quote or otherwise within 21 business days. We do not need to give you a copy of the preliminary assessment if your request is made more than 7 years after the date of the credit quote or if credit assistance was not provided to you.
Preferred Credit Providers
The preferred credit providers from whom we source loans are:
Pepper ANZ Money 3 GE Money Macquarie Liberty Financial
Finance 1 Yamaha Latitude Greenlight Auto
Commission paid by credit providers
We will receive a commission from a preferred credit provider if you enter into a credit contract with that provider. The amount of the commission that we receive in relation to any particular credit contract depends on the credit provider, the amount of the loan and the terms of the loan. The amount of the commission can range from 0% to 20% of the total amount financed.
In addition, we may also receive a volume bonus from a credit provider depending on the total value of loans placed with that credit provider during the month. The amount of this bonus can range anywhere from 0% to 7% of the total amount financed and it is paid in arrears.
Commission paid by us
From the commission and bonuses we receive from the preferred credit providers we may pay:
- Our representatives a commission which is in addition to their salary; and
- Referral fees or commissions to people or businesses that referred you to us.
You have the right to request an estimate of how much these payments may be and how the commissions or fees are worked out.
If you have a Complaint
If you have a complaint about the service provided to you then please contact our Complaints Officer and tell us about your complaint. We may request that you put your complaint in writing. Once we receive your complaint, we will acknowledge receipt of the complaint, investigate the matter and endeavour to address it as quickly as possible. We aim to resolve your complaint when you first contact us. However, it may take up to 45 days to provide a final response to your complaint.
Please provided all your information to:
PO Box 206
MOUNT HAWTHORN WA 6915
Phone: 08 9231 5955
Complaints in relation to your loan including complaints about default notices, hardship applications or postponement of enforcement proceedings should be discussed directly with your credit provider.
We expect that we will be able to completely resolve any issues that you raise. If, despite our best efforts, you believe your complaint has not been satisfactorily dealt with, you may refer your complaint to our external dispute resolution scheme the Credit and Investment Ombudsman (CIO). This is a free service to you and provides independent dispute resolution where required. CIO can be contacted at:
PO Box A252, Sydney South NSW 1235
T: 1800 138 422 F: 02 9273 8440 W: www.cio.org.au
Consent and Acknowledgement
By signing this document, acknowledging acceptance by submitting my/our enquiry, or emailing my/our acceptance to you, I / We:
- Accept the quote provided for providing credit assistance;
- Confirm the appointment of the Credit Licensee to provide credit assistance and to arrange credit on my/our behalf;
- Acknowledge that I / We have received a copy of the Credit Guide & Quote;
- Acknowledge that I / We have received and read the Privacy Consent Form below;
- Consent to the Credit Licensee performing the actions outlined in the Privacy section of this Credit Guide & Quote;
- Consent to receive notices and documents electronically. By giving consent, I/We understand that:
(a) you may no longer send paper copies of notices and other documents to me/us;
(b) I/We should regularly check my/our nominated email address for notices and other documents;
(c) you may send notices and other documents by email or provide a notice in an email that the documents are displayed on and can be retrieved from a website; and
(d) I/We may withdraw my/our consent to the receiving of notices and documents by electronic means at any time.
Your privacy is important to us, and we comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
We collect personal information from you only as is necessary for the purpose of providing you with our credit services and to comply with our responsible lending obligations required by law. Sometimes this may include collecting credit information (such as your repayment history information, any default information or information regarding your credit terms and conditions) or credit eligibility information (such as information about your credit worthiness). If we are assessing an application for credit, we may have to collect this information from third parties, such as credit reporting bodies, other credit providers, your employer or your finance broker. By submitting this signed credit guide and quote, you consent to us contacting them for this purpose.
We only hold, use and disclose personal information and credit information that have been collected about you for the purpose of providing you with credit products and services, or for related purposes which might be reasonably expected. This may mean we disclose such information to other third parties such as credit reporting bodies, other credit providers, auditors, accountants, legal advisors or as required by law.
You can choose not to provide this information however, we may not be able to provide you with credit assistance services.
Occasionally, we may use your personal information to contact you directly (whether via telephone, email, post or otherwise) to keep you up to date with the range of products and services available from us. By submitting this signed credit guide and quote, unless you specifically state otherwise, you consent to us contacting you for these purposes. But if at any time you do not want us to use your information for these marketing purposes, you can opt out by contacting and telling us.
We will not share your personal information with any third parties for marketing purposes unless we received your consent to do so.
I consent to my details being provided to other parties You can opt out at any time by contacting us and telling us
You can also contact us to access your personal information or credit information, to make any corrections to personal information or credit information we hold or to make privacy related complaints.
This Credit Guide applies from 17 September 2017 and remains valid unless a further Credit Guide is issued to replace it.